Por Amor Forums

Fan Forums Dedicated To Victoria Beckham

HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 

the harper's bazaar interview (december 2009 issue)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Shiraz
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 5417
Registration date : 2006-11-05

PostSubject: the harper's bazaar interview (december 2009 issue)   Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:15 pm

VB's quotes from her Harper's Bazaar interview published on the december 2009 issue :

Time, Place, Outfit :

A sunny morning of Autumn 2009, London. She's on town from LA on a work trip, to supervise the finishing touches to her dress collection. Victoria is dressed in a tiny velvet dévoré mini dress, clusters of lucky bracelets -strings of minuscule black diamonds, a dainty evil eye- encircling each wrist, trademark vertiginous YSL concealed platforms and a weeny fitted Alaia cardigan.

The interview :

About Tina Turner's advice :

Victoria : - "She once said, 'the only time you should ever wear a cardigan is when you are cleaning out the oven', because they are so unsexy; but I completely disagree. I never leave the house without one."

Victoria : - "I don't really wear make-up any more, unless I'm going somewhere nice."

About the Armani underwear campaign :

Victoria : -"I didn't want to rely on retouching ... I wanted to look at those pictures in 20 years time' and say, "Wow, look -after three kids, I didn't look bad."

About her son Romeo :

Victoria : - "We had dinner last night and Romeo wore a suit, with a little shirt and tie. That's what he would wear every single day, he's so into fashion. The other boys are all about going to the beach; he's not interested. He's like, 'I want to go to work with Mummy', and he sits there going through the collection, feeling the fabrics, giving his opinion. He loves it."

HB : - "Flashback to New York, September 2008 when you unveiled your first collection of dresses. You certainly laid yourself bare that day?"

Victoria : -"I felt beyond vulnerable. I'd never known nerves like it in my life. The night before, I got nodules in my throat. I'd never felt such anxiety. I was very aware that people were expecting very short clothes, probably quite revealing, and I really went against that and showed the other side of me."

About Madonna wearing a dress from her collection in a W magazine photoshoot :

Victoria : -"We must be the same size, because it fitted the same. My dress has never seen so much action. I was really quite pleased for it."

About her Spring/Summer 2010 collection :

Victoria : -"I'm absolutely bowled over by the response. What I'm so grateful for - and what I said to all the english press- is that, love or hate me, you have left that at the door and let the collection speak for itself."

HB : -"What is your next trick?"

Victoria : -"There are lots of different areas I'd like to expand the brand in, but doing it slowly and properly and having the best quality I can.

HB : -"Will you do shoes?"

Victoria : -"I'd love, love to." "The only time I wear flat shoes is on the treadmill. I absolutely despise ballet pumps, and I beyond have a problem with kitten heels. I like high, high, high. For me it's got to be flattering, very timeless. I'm not interested in clunky statement shoes."

About market and business of selling :

Victoria : -"We've been very lucky. The sell-through has been absolutely phenomenal at a difficult time." " People will spend money on on good-quality pieces. I want people to be excited by the dresses, so that even when you open one up, the corset is exquisitely made... Mr Valentino, when he was in LA for the Oscars, said, 'I've heard a lot about your collection and your quality is fantastic - where are you making your clothes?' and I thought, "Wow. This is coming from Mr Valentino."

Victoria : - "Internal corsetry is very important to me. It's something I'll continue through each collection. It's a reminder of posture. I have quite old-fashioned values with my dresses. When people wear my dresses, I think they sit up straighter."

Victoria : - "I want my customer to be able to rely on me if they like a certain silhouette, moving them slightly each season, but keeping them happy. There's nothing worse than finding a designer that you like one season, you're so excited, and then next season they've done something different."

HB : - "Do you ever wish you hadn't followed the stage-school route and fought for a place at, say, Central Saint Martins studying fashion design instead?*

Victoria : - "I'd love to that now. I just want to learn as much as I can. I was always pushed into the theatre and dance ... it's just taking me a long time to figure out what I wanted to do."

Victoria : -"I found Spain little tricky."

HB : - "America has empowered you, not just in carrer terms."

Victoria : - "I've really been allowed to experiment, to spread my wings and to do what I want to do creatively."

HB : - "What about the unexpected consequence of subtly altering the power dynamic in your marriage?"

Victoria : - "From the minute we landed at the airport, we were equal. America is equal, it doesn't matter whether you are a man or a woman. In Spain it's more difficult for women.

HB : - "What about Casa Beckham?"

Victoria : - "When we moved to Spain, we were living in a hotel for a few months, and it was very, very stressfull."

About the L.A home :

Victoria : - "David hadn't even seen the house, he lands at the airport, goes straight to the house. I had someone cooking his dinner."

More quotes from the interview :

Victoria : - "If you don't believe in yourself, no one else will."

Victoria : -"I'm not a supermodel; I make the best of what I was given and I work hard. Every single morning, I wake up and think that I'm lucky to do what I love to do, to have David, to have my boys ... I'm not one of those people who take it for granted."
Back to top Go down
View user profile

the harper's bazaar interview (december 2009 issue)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1