AuthorMessage
extremely_posh
Star
Star

Female Number of posts : 1265
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: dVb Denim (for Men)   Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:41 am

Victoria Beckham despises skinny jeans on men :

I think guys should wear jeans big and baggy, with a big pair of boots or flip-flops -- exactly how you see David when he’s out in his jeans and T-shirt,” she advised on a phone call from her L.A. home last week, referencing her husband, soccer superstar David Beckham. “Do not pull them up tight and have your bulge showing. Let it hang!

The former Spice Girl’s fecund fashion tips came as she readies the launch of a men’s jeans range, which will hit stores this August. Branded under her dVb label, the jeans are the latest step in Victoria Beckham’s budding fashion career, which began last year with the launch of women’s jeans, eyewear, and his-and-her fragrances.

These are not skinny jeans. They are what I call proper men’s jeans, ” said Victoria Beckham of her foray into the men’s market. “If you are a man that likes really skinny jeans, very fashiony, this isn’t really the line for you. I didn’t want anything too tight around the crotch. That really repulses me. It might be fashionable, but you are not going to get that from dVb.

Victoria Beckham’s jeans are produced in partnership with Western Glove Works, the Winnipeg, Canada–based company that also markets the Silver Jeans and 1921 denim brands. The first delivery has been tightly edited and includes a boot fit available in five washes—such as a dark resin wash, a vintage stain wash and a light gray wash—and a boot fit with a back flap pocket, in a vintage stone-bleach wash. A later holiday delivery will expand the fit offerings to a straight leg and will also include vintage-wash T-shirts.
The jeans, sourced in Asia and Morocco, will retail from $220 to $285. Design details include an aged leather waistband patch with the dVb logo, antique copper finish hardware, and purple pocket bags.

Victoria Beckham and Western Glove Works are targeting top-tier specialty retailers for the men’s jeans, which are sold out of the Denim Area showrooms in New York and L.A. The women’s denim collection is currently carried in about 600 doors globally, including Saks Fifth Avenue, Maxfield, Kitson, Harvey Nichols, Selfridges and Colette.

I’ve used the best Japanese denim, and I think I’ve created a fit that is very flattering and very comfortable,” said Victoria, who is creative director of the dVb brand.

“She is very involved in all aspects of the line,” said Alan Einarson, a vice-president at Western Glove Works, who oversees the project. “We have regular meetings with her in L.A. and London, bring all the materials, sit in a room and spread everything out.”

According to Victoria Beckham, she has an ideal fit model in her husband. “I ask him what he likes and dislikes about certain jeans, ” explained Victoria. “When I get the prototypes, I try them on him. He says they are the best-fitting jeans he’s ever had.

Asked if she thought it might be harder to sell her brand of fame to men’s denim customers versus women, Beckham noted: “I’ve been very careful with the branding and I’ve kept it a little smaller on the men’s collection. I’ve stripped off my name and it’s just a subtle logo. I think women will pick up on it—I do a lot of shopping for David, for example. My biggest challenge is making people aware that the brand is out there.”

“I’m so grateful to the fashion industry for giving me an opportunity,” said Victoria, who currently stars in the Marc Jacobs spring advertising campaign. “I’ve got a long way to go. It’s a great big ladder and I’m right at the bottom, but this is what I want to be doing 20 years from now.”

“I want to grow dVb at a steady pace. Lots of people have shown interest, but it’s finding the right way to do it,” she noted. “Everything I do with dVb is true to my heart, and it has to have some relevance to me, my children or my husband.”
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shiraz
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 5416
Registration date : 2006-11-05

PostSubject: Re: dVb Denim (for Men)   Fri May 23, 2008 12:45 pm

Star
Star

Female Number of posts : 1265
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: dVb Denim (for Men)   Fri May 23, 2008 6:13 pm

That's cute!!
Thanks Shiraz!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shiraz
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: dVb Denim (for Men)   Fri Dec 12, 2008 6:39 pm

I spilted those posts about the dVb denim (for men) so it will got it's own topic. :)

Administrator

PostSubject: Re: dVb Denim (for Men)   Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:39 am

September 2008;

Victoria Beckham's 10 rules of style for men.

Style isn’t about money. One of the nicest outfits on a man is a pair of jeans, some old, messed-up boots, a simple white tee, and a vintage leather belt. You don’t have to spend a lot. It’s about mixing and matching and getting things that fit properly.

Men who wear skinny jeans won’t be wearing my jeans. I don’t think jeans should be tight around their bollocks. I don’t want to see that part of a guy’s anatomy all squashed in.

What to wear on a first date is a tricky one. You don’t want to be too dressed up or not dressed up enough. It totally depends where you’re going. Wear something you’re comfortable in, because you’re going to be slightly nervous.

I don’t mind a vintage T-shirt with a logo on it that’s tongue-in-cheek. But if a man were to just have a huge logo on his chest, no. I think that’s very unattractive.

It’s romantic when a guy makes an effort. For our anniversary recently, David had all these beautiful flowers placed in our garden and he had someone come in and cook and he had nice music playing. We put the kids to bed and then we spent the night together, just talking in front of the fire.

Boys don’t have nearly as much fun with fashion as girls do.

I think a man always has to look clean, to start. And obviously he has to smell nice. Grooming is really important.

You have to be very careful when you start dyeing your hair. I can’t bear it when men start to lose their hair color and they give it a rinse—blue, black, purple.

I really don’t like it when guys wear tight tops—like those cycling-looking, Lance Armstrong-inspired ones—trying to show off muscles and the fact that they’ve been at the gym a lot.

It’s cool for a woman to look like she cares, but I don’t think it’s as cool for a man to look like he’s spent hours in front of the mirror. A man that doesn’t try too hard to look good is sexy.

(Photograph by Michael Evanet)

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2008-05-29

PostSubject: Re: dVb Denim (for Men)   Sat Dec 13, 2008 1:49 am

Thanks for starting this thread, i was planning on doing the same but when we had some more information. Its so annoying that there is only limited info out there about the Men's range.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shiraz
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: dVb Denim (for Men)   Sat Dec 13, 2008 2:23 am

So far, there is only those infos but I hope one day this thread will have a lot of pages of infos, pictures .. & all of you men fans of dVb will be satisfied :)

Soon to be a star
Soon to be a star

Female Number of posts : 234
Registration date : 2008-05-02

PostSubject: Re: dVb Denim (for Men)   Sat Dec 13, 2008 4:26 am

and more than just jeans!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jas

PostSubject: Re: dVb Denim (for Men)   Sat Dec 13, 2008 3:58 pm

vicbeck_style wrote:
and more than just jeans!

Well hopefully she is still bringing out the t-shirt range!! That would be AWESOME!! I LOVE t-shirts.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Richie
Star
Star

Female Number of posts : 922
Registration date : 2007-08-26

PostSubject: Re: dVb Denim (for Men)   Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:15 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tasita
V.I.P
V.I.P

Female Number of posts : 2245
Registration date : 2007-02-14

PostSubject: Re: dVb Denim (for Men)   Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:32 pm

Thanks Richie. These jeans are so cool.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
joanne19
Star
Star

Female Number of posts : 561
Registration date : 2008-09-17

PostSubject: Re: dVb Denim (for Men)   Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:21 am

thanks so cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shiraz
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: dVb Denim (for Men)   Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:47 am

I love too. dVb rocks really.

Administrator

PostSubject: Re: dVb Denim (for Men)   Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:37 pm

. On David Beckham :

Administrator

PostSubject: Re: dVb Denim (for Men)   Sun Jul 12, 2009 6:48 pm

PostSubject: Re: dVb Denim (for Men)   Sun Jul 19, 2009 4:11 pm

^ i have a feeling those are PRPS, they tend to do that to their back pockets.

i called the Australian company that imports dvb during the week and she told me that the mens range isnt available anywhere, at least she didnt say its been scraped.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tasita
V.I.P
V.I.P

Female Number of posts : 2245
Registration date : 2007-02-14

PostSubject: Re: dVb Denim (for Men)   Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:20 am

jas, i hope for you the mens range will be available in the near future.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shiraz
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: dVb Denim (for Men)   Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:26 am

Tasita wrote:

I second that. Pray

Btw, for Katie's jeans on that link, they say they see the purple thingie on the side but don't know ..

Male Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2009-03-29

PostSubject: Re: dVb Denim (for Men)   Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:01 am

So great!!

Thankss
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fotolog.com/ericpadilla
jas

PostSubject: Re: dVb Denim (for Men)   Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:35 pm

Shiraz wrote:
Tasita wrote:

I second that. Pray

Btw, for Katie's jeans on that link, they say they see the purple thingie on the side but don't know ..

LOL Thanks guys! i must sound like some freak lol, it just annoys me coz they put pics of them in the lookbooks etc but never put them on sale, its such a prick tease! lol Its like yeh here they are but you cant have em! grrr
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shiraz
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: dVb Denim (for Men)   Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:10 pm

haha lol I don't think it's what they mean. I think VB thought it wasn't yet the right time to put them out. Once it will be their time, she will not stop speaking about them.

No you don't sound as a freak at all, you like the dVb products and that's cool. Smile

Administrator

PostSubject: Re: dVb Denim (for Men)   Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:13 am

PostSubject: Re: dVb Denim (for Men)   Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:52 am

^thanks Shiraz! I like the second ones! I was so excited when I saw that this thread got bumped lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: dVb Denim (for Men)   

Back to top Go down

dVb Denim (for Men)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1